How can I prevent frozen water pipes?
In the South, many water pipes are located in cold-vulnerable areas such as attics, crawl spaces, and outside walls. The best way to avoid frozen water pipes completely is to re-route them to more protected (warmer) areas. However, if this is not a practical solution for you, Edwards & Mills, Inc.'s experienced plumbers can help you with:
- wrapping at-risk pipes with thick, insulated sleeves
- sealing up any cracks, gaps, or holes in exterior walls and foundations near water lines
- let faucets drip during extremely cold weather (under 20 degrees Fahrenheit)
- keep kitchen and bath cabinets open during cold spells – this will help keep pipes under sinks and in nearby exterior walls warmer
- drain the entire system of water lines in your house if you'll be away from home for an extended period of time on a trip
For more information about any of Edwards & Mills, Inc.'s plumbing or gas services, please contact us at any time by phone (336) 299-6309 or by email.« visit our Winterization services page for more information
« visit our De-winterization services page for more information
Edwards & Mills
At Edwards & Mills, Inc. plumbing services of Greensboro, we not only aim to provide superior plumbing and gas services quickly and efficiently, we also take the necessary time to explain what needs to be done and how it will be achieved. Our prices are competitive and affordable, and we want to ensure that you have a complete understanding of what you are paying for. We give you realistic up-front cost estimates and a projected timeline so that you know exactly what to expect to pay and when to expect the plumbing projects or repairs to be completed
Give Edwards & Mills, Inc., a call today for advice, information, or to schedule an appointment. We promise that you will not be disappointed.